Monday, May 31, 2010

COLLOGRAPH EFFORT




In my last post I talked about all of the techniques that can be found on other people's blogs. There is a wealth of information (and motivation) out there in cyberspace. Reading about their experiences, both positive and negative, is eye opening for me. I can remember studying many of the techniques in college, but that was a long time ago. Now they seem fresh and new to me. Belinda Del Pesco showed how she gets some beautiful results doing glue collographs. She draws her subject on old mat board, then applies glue to the drawing to raise the surface for the ink. Once the glue is dry, she seals the board so it can be used more than once. The actual printing is both relief and intaglio as she paints color onto the entire plate, then uses a brayer to add the darkest ink to the raised surface.




Above is a proof and the plate from my first attempt. Okay, I said it was my first attempt. To see how they should look, visit Belinda's site.

1 comment:

becky said...

I've seen this done before, but have yet to try it. Pretty awesome first attempt! Thanks for the links below... wow!