Wednesday, June 16, 2010


I tried a quick monoprint last year using the 'subtractive' technique, something I had not attempted before. My other prints were done by painting (with water soluble ink) onto a sheet of plastic and then printing onto damp paper. This print was done by entirely coating the plastic with etching ink and then bringing out the subject by wiping away parts of the ink.

The other picture post is an acrylic and color pencil painting of my wife's cat that I did a few years ago.

1 comment:

Betsy Grant said...

It's fascinating the way you experiment with different artistic processes. One wouldn't even suspect the above works were done by the same artist. Each work has it's own unique character. I feel like I can almost guess the personality of that cat. You're very gifted John!