Wednesday, May 25, 2011

EASY THINGS FIRST?

Each day I have these great intentions of getting back to work on my large woodblock project or, at the very least, finishing the linocut I started months ago. And then each day, I find an excuse to do something else. The woodblocks I purchased are giving me unexpected problems. I have always used Shina blocks but these are Mahogany (Luan) blocks that don't hold detail very well at all.

I did do a quick pastel from one of my pictures taken in Boothbay Harbor. Makes me feel a little less lazy.

2 comments:

William Cook said...

That is a very beautiful piece--pleasant, and nice to be around! I wonder if a Dremmel tool would move that Luan a little better. It's not traditional but who cares?

Betsy Grant said...

I'm a firm believer in the idea that if something is going well keep doing it. I'm glad you continue to do your pastels, they're lovely.