Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THE BIG PICTURE


My ramblings are usually art related with a little of my love for music (blues and jazz), both listening and playing thrown in. This post is a little off of that theme, yet maybe not as much as I first thought. One of the people who works in my real estate office has a son who is attempting to be the youngest person to climb Mount Everest. Jordan is thirteen years old, and a few years ago he set a goal of climbing all seven of the world's tallest peaks. Though it may sound like a lofty goal (pun intended), he has already scaled five of them! His determination coupled with his mother's courage letting Jordan follow his dream is inspirational to watch everyday!


Today he is at one of the higher base camps and was featured on some of the network morning shows through a live feed. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/36684818#36684818

2 comments:

becky said...

John, I do that too.... kinda like the attention deficit blogger w/ an emphasis on art & nature. It all correlates in some way though, don't you think? Thanks for following my blog, by the way :).

Funny, I had just read about Jordan in Outside Magazine~ thanks for the link... it will be interesting to follow... although I am a bit worried for him...

Betsy Grant said...

The diversity of people's dreams never ceases to amaze me. His mother must surely know the meaning of the word detachment to allow him to do this...