Friday, April 2, 2010

COPPER ETCHING



Spring cleaning time for my studio. I have stacks of art, both finished and unfinished. A quick inventory of all of the half completed paintings, plus lino and wood blocks, confirms that I need to work on staying more focused this year. I found this etching that I did from a beautiful photograph taken by my friend who lives on Lopez Island (how great is that?). She has so many great pictures of Angkor Wat in Cambodia that it was hard to pick just one as a subject.




Angkor Wat is temple complex built for King Suryavarman II in the 12th century. It has become the symbol of Cambodia and appears on its national flag.




On a more humorous note. I found this oil painting on Armand Bartos Fine Art. I think it's called 'Bird Thinking About Clouds'.

No comments: