Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ZEBRAS - MICHELANGELO



Okay...the two have no connection except that they were a part of my day, today. I came in contact with a painting by Michael Sieve called 'Midnight on the Serengeti' which caught my attention. A few years ago I did an acrylic painting using zebras as a subject. It was one of the first attempts at acrylics that I was happy with.




Also, today is Michelangelo Buonarroti's birthday. He would be 535 years old today. Probably a bit old to be climbing ladders and painting ceilings!




If in my youth I had realized that the sustaining splendour of beauty of with which I was in love would one day flood back into my heart, there to ignite a flame that would torture me with out end, how gladly would I have put out the light in my eyes. ~ Michelangelo~




Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it. ~Michelanglo~








No comments: